First of all, let me give thanks and a shout out to “A Table in the Sun” (http://localfoodcalifornia.com/ ) who has nominated me for this award. This is a pretty impressive blog boasting that it comes “from the heart of a gardener to the souls of local food lovers” – all good things.
I am to name seven things about myself and then nominate 15 of my favorite blogs.
Once you have been nominated, do the same. So here goes:
- I am about to embark on a new life journey to Costa Rica – teaching English and learning about food along the way.
- One of my favorite places is in the kitchen. I get lost in the rhythm of pots and pans clicking and the delicate dance across the floor. It’s my “zone.”
- I despise soup and ice cream unless I come across something spectacular. I think this has to do with getting my tonsils out at an early age.
- I am a huge hippie even though I try to avoid it on some occasions.
- Also, I’m a big nerd. Obviously or I wouldn’t have a blog -for starters.
- I am obsessed with food. I think about it constantly, ask anyone.
- I have insane, should-be-made-into-a-movie kind of dreams. Usually color, sometimes black and white, but always keeping me on my toes.
And enough about me, the nominees (in no particular order):
1. Life Out of the Box: http://lifeoutofthebox.com/
Mid-Twenties couple moves to Nicaragua to help others.
2. Bucket List Publications: http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/
Living life to it’s fullest before it’s too late.
3. Diane, A Broad: http://dianeabroad.com/
Expat in Paris.
4. Frugal Feeding: http://frugalfeeding.com/
Amazing budget-concise foodie blog.
5. Adventure de Swomack: http://swomackadventure.wordpress.com/
A “gringa’s” travels around Central America.
6. Living Californian: http://livingcalifornian.wordpress.com/
Student studies abroad in Costa Rica.
7. Expat Lingo: http://expatlingo.com/
Observations of a serial Expat.
8. Canadian Hiking Photography: http://hikingphoto.com/
9. In Da Campo: http://indacampo.wordpress.com
Expat living in Panama.
10. toemail: http://toemail.wordpress.com/
Fun pictures, from around the world, to see in my reader.
11. Archaeology and Material Culture: http://paulmullins.wordpress.com/
Highly-educated and intellectual man.
12. Jim Diehl: http://jimdiehl1.wordpress.com/
Expat photographer and surfer in Central America.
13. Vedged Out: http://vedgedout.com/
Vegan foodie blog.
14. Tartan Pancakes: http://tartanpancakes.wordpress.com/
Scottish foodie blog.
15. Aurora Abroad: http://aurorapuravida.wordpress.com/
Soon-to-be Expat in Costa Rica.
Gee, they don’t have anything in common do they? These are some of my current favorites. I hope it brings some readers, though some need it more than others. Cheers!
P.S. I also wanted to thank the authors of these blogs for bringing a smile to my face and keeping it real.