First of all, let me give thanks and a shout out to “A Table in the Sun” (
) who has nominated me for this award. This is a pretty impressive blog boasting that it comes “from the heart of a gardener to the souls of local food lovers” – all good things.
I am to name seven things about myself and then nominate 15 of my favorite blogs.
Once you have been nominated, do the same. So here goes:
- I am about to embark on a new life journey to Costa Rica – teaching English and learning about food along the way.
- One of my favorite places is in the kitchen. I get lost in the rhythm of pots and pans clicking and the delicate dance across the floor. It’s my “zone.”
- I despise soup and ice cream unless I come across something spectacular. I think this has to do with getting my tonsils out at an early age.
- I am a huge hippie even though I try to avoid it on some occasions.
- Also, I’m a big nerd. Obviously or I wouldn’t have a blog -for starters.
- I am obsessed with food. I think about it constantly, ask anyone.
- I have insane, should-be-made-into-a-movie kind of dreams. Usually color, sometimes black and white, but always keeping me on my toes.
And enough about me, the nominees (in no particular order):
1. Life Out of the Box:
Mid-Twenties couple moves to Nicaragua to help others.
2. Bucket List Publications:
Living life to it’s fullest before it’s too late.
3. Diane, A Broad:
Expat in Paris.
4. Frugal Feeding:
Amazing budget-concise foodie blog.
5. Adventure de Swomack:
A “gringa’s” travels around Central America.
6. Living Californian:
Student studies abroad in Costa Rica.
7. Expat Lingo:
Observations of a serial Expat.
8. Canadian Hiking Photography:
9. In Da Campo:
Expat living in Panama.
Fun pictures, from around the world, to see in my reader.
11. Archaeology and Material Culture:
Highly-educated and intellectual man.
12. Jim Diehl:
Expat photographer and surfer in Central America.
13. Vedged Out:
Vegan foodie blog.
14. Tartan Pancakes:
Scottish foodie blog.
15. Aurora Abroad:
Soon-to-be Expat in Costa Rica.
Gee, they don’t have anything in common do they? These are some of my current favorites. I hope it brings some readers, though some need it more than others. Cheers!
P.S. I also wanted to thank the authors of these blogs for bringing a smile to my face and keeping it real.